BRICS 2022 theme Foster High Quality BRICS Partnership Usher in a New Era for Global Development
• The countries decided to conduct 25 events in 2022. Of this, five are to be hosted by India
• China is to host BRICS Young Scientist Conclave. It is focus on modern agriculture, material science, artificial intelligence, bio – medicine, carbon peak neutralization
• China will also host the tenth BRICS Science and Technology ministerial – level meet. During the meet, China will showcase the achievements of BRICS Framework Programme. The programme was implemented between 2015 and 2022. India’s roles and responsibilities in BRICS 2022 In 2022, India is to host five international events. These events are to be conducted under BRICS STI forum. The five events are as follows:
• Bio – technology and bio – medicine
• BRICS startups working group meeting. This group is to focus on Energy this year.
• ICT and high performance computing
• Science, Technology, Innovation and entrepreneurship partnership (STEIP) Working group meeting
• Launch of Knowledge Hub. The hub focuses on innovation. Role of DPIIT in BRICS 2022 The Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade is to hold the BRICS Startup Forum meeting
Also, the DPIIT is responsible for creating the innovation knowledge hub. BRICS STI BRICS STI was proposed by India. It is a Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2015. It focuses on food security, sustainable agriculture, energy efficiency, renewable energy, space research, life sciences, new materials, and lots more.